Has the committee spoken to any candidates? No.
Has the committee identified any candidates? No.
So, what are they doing anyway? Glad you asked.
What We’ve Done
- We’ve prepared, submitted, and tallied a survey of the congregation to which more than half the congregation responded.
- We’ve conducted four meetings with congregants to flesh out the survey results and have one meeting with the youth group to go on Sunday.
- We’ve arranged four neutral pulpits. That’s where the committee will go to hear the candidates we’re interested in conduct a service at UU congregations to which neither we nor they belong.
- Last Sunday, we conducted a Beyond Categorical Thinking (BCT) program the UUA sponsors to prepare congregations for the kind of diversity and change this congregations said it wanted. BCT facilitators presented the service, and then, after a light lunch, they conducted a lively and challenging three-hour workshop.
- We have set the process of forging a contract into motion and expect to have the Board approve a package in November.
What We’re Doing
- We are drafting a Congregational Record that documents relevant facts about us that we must finish and post by Dec. 1.
- Simultaneously, we are also designing a web packet to entice the best candidates to which they must respond by the last week of December.
What We Will Do
- In January, we will review the candidate’s information and select those of interest.
- By end of January, we will have chosen up to four candidates whom we will interview in depth by the end of the month.
- In early February, we will invite the candidates for pre-candidating weekends.
- For one month beginning the second week in March, we will deliberate, and decide whether to make someone an offer.
- If we have settled on a candidate, we will extend an offer on April 7th by noon.
- Then, by the third week in May, we will have completed negotiations and signed a ministerial agreement with our candidate.
- Our prospective minister will do a candidating week with us in mid-May(date TBD).
And then, the moment we have all been waiting for! Drum Roll!
In the month of May (date TBD so Watch for communications from UCS), the congregation will vote on whether or not to call the candidate as our Minister of Worship and Outreach! If 90% or more approve, the Minister will start in the Summer of 2016.
Ministerial Search Team: Christopher Burtt, Kris Gordon, Nancy Griffeth, Helen Kaar, Carol Miller, Mike Millspaugh