Small groups of 8-10 adults that meet for connection and spiritual growth twice a month. Are you seeking a sense of belonging and meaning in your life? Are you looking to slow down and live intentionally in a face-paced, frantic world? No matter where you are on life’s journey, Community Groups are a safe place for you to connect with like-minded people, share your story, and feed your spirit. All ages, stages of life, and spiritual maturity welcome.
Spring Community Groups Feb – May 2018 (Register by: Jan 15)
Summer Community Groups June – August 2018 (Register by: May 15)
Fall Community Groups Oct 2018 – Jan 2019 (Register by: Sept 15th)
New for 2017-18! We are offering Community Groups for:
- men’s groups, women’s groups, transgender groups
- singles groups, couples groups
- neighbor groups: composed of Beaconites in your town so you know your neighbors.
Community Groups FAQ
What’s the goal of Community Groups?
- To get to know other people at Beacon
- To experience a sense of belonging and offer the same to others
- To reflect on Beacon’s monthly theme and our own spirituality
When and where to Community Groups meet?
- Groups meet all days of the week, as long as we have enough people to form a group. We also have morning, afternoon & evening groups.
- Groups meet at Beacon and also in people’s homes.
Can a group meet all year?
- Due to seasonal changes in people’s lives, we offer our groups by semester.
- Many groups continue to meet throughout the year.
- At the end of the year, we request that groups say good-bye with gratitude so that we can meet new people the following year in a new group.
How many groups does Beacon offer?
- We normally have 10-15 groups meeting in any semester.
- Beacon will organize as many groups as people sign up for.
Who leads the Community Groups?
- Rev Emilie & Brian David on staff organize the groups. The groups are self-facilitated with members will rotate facilitation. Rev Emilie provides support and counsel throughout the semester.
- Groups are provided with a session plan.
Where do you get your session plans?
- We use a UU organization called Faith Rocket for our themed materials.
How do you sign-up for Community Groups?
- At http://summitbeacon.org/religious-education/adult/