The Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 will begin in Morristown, New Jersey at Morristown Town Hall, 200 South Street, at 11:00 a.m. After a welcome and send-off, we’ll head out to march the streets of Morristown, ending at the Morristown Green, where we’ll hear from a program of diversified and compelling speakers. The event will conclude about 1:00 p.m.
Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 Mission Statement: To harness the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change by providing a safe and accepting platform for supporters to rally and march in promotion of civil rights for every human regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, or creed. In alignment with the national Women’s March platform, we adopt the unity principles related to Ending Violence, Reproductive Rights, LGBTQIA Rights, Workers’ Rights, Civil Rights, Disability Rights, Immigration Rights, and Environmental Justice, as stated here.
Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 Goals:
1. Empower every human who participates in the Women’s March on New Jersey 2018 to stand up for their beliefs and their rights.
2. Connect victims of discrimination, civil injustice, sexual harassment, or unfair treatment in an environment that encourages them to share their stories, receive support and know that they are not alone.
3. Remind the elected officials of New Jersey that they report to the people and the people expect their civil liberties to be upheld.
4. Bring hope to those who have lost confidence in our government by physically showing them that the power lies with the people.
5. Remind every New Jerseyan that our right to assemble, march, demonstrate, protest and vote is sacred and should be exercised.
6. Bring our Power to the Polls through increased New Jersey voter registration and participation in both the 2018 primary and general elections. Visit Vote411.org, and enter your address for voting information and local, state and national candidate and ballot questions.